Subramanyam Kasibhat

• 326 Discussion
  • 1311 Comments

Can you share some examples / cases:
India/Singapore/APAC based company, with global customers raising a VC round from USA and the Founders have not relocated to USA.

Reason: I believe a VC’s would want to be close to the Founder/CEO, and hence this question.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

#Gyan Pricing is super important for startups. Recently we were evaluating a tool (SaaS). A close friend form this group has a startup with a matching tool. There are 4-5 others global tools with comparable features. We ended up using an alternative tool, primarily because of pricing. The competing tool offered us a Monthly pack @50$ and the local player had a $250 per month with 12 months minimum commitment! 12 months was too much commitment.
Less than one month of us picking a license, one of our fortune 500 Customer asked us to buy few developer licenses for them, as they found it very useful! My friend lost a startup deal but also lost an opportunity to add a fortune 500 company. Felt sad but cant help as we are in here to do business.
Please price your SaaS offerings carefully. Try to on-board many customers as fast as you can. Price it such that low cost guys can come on board along with a differentiated offering for big boys who can pay high price.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Am incubating a startup and involved from the day 0. Have committed to support about 4L rs and infrastructure. Giving my time and mind share. What is the fair equity I should take? The other cofounder can bring no money and yet to get on board full time. Even when he comes he would need monthly financial support. Long run he would be running the show, not me.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

This is the screen shot of a LinkedIn group where one person had posted about vegam.co a company that I am involved with. Look at the racist remark from a swiss company. What is the best re-course in such acts?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Trademark related question: Example:1. if Microsoft has a trademark for MS Office then is it ok to launch a product that is Star Office for the same need? 2. What if Microsoft has a trademark for Office ? Is it still safe to use the word star office ?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Where is our Bangalore congress MP Candidate @NandanNilekani these days? Is he doing anything for the Startup Eco-system? I find Phani@RedBus in many startup events and feels nice to see him share his experiences with the eco-system.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Anyone in here who has sold Large Value enterprise solution and offered profit or benefit sharing models? Pros & Cons ? Any good/bad case studies of companies that have done such a business?
Note: No upfront cost to customer. No license fee or deployment fee. will get money if you help save money or increase money to the client.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Are there scalable Clones of Flipkart/Snapdeal available that can help start a market-place in short space of time and cost? What must be the budget and time frame?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

#gyan #sharing Many of us (Entrepreneurs) are excited by features, performance and capabilities of what we build or offer. The value it brings is what we believe get us leads/sales. Reality is little different. Many times all of the above is assumed or take for granted. The Wow factor or the show-off or pure packaging to make it exciting is what brings us leads/sales.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Tools like http://hubspot.com are very powerful for handling digital marketing and online business. However, they are very pricy. What are the local startups using these days? I am experimenting with WordPress + Plugins ;-) Mostly free stuff with a couple of paid plugins.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

#opportunity? Is there any service or technology or test that will bring out Earth quake surviving status of a building/structure?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Reseller agreement to sell Enterprise Software. Key points to watch out for? Any reference contracts that can be shared on this group or on PM?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

effective management in corporate terms mean Board meeting / Board Level Decisions or CXO / Executive Decisions or any of the two? Will a foreign company owned by Indian having all its board decisions outside India not be considered as Resident Company as per new law?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

The new law and its implications for moving HQ to Singapore/US seems to be very high. What are the implications of creating subsidiary of Indian company in Singapore/US? Tax / formalities /Other hidden challenges?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

For small office conference call functionality, what are the best Speaker Phone options? I looked at few Bluetooth Speakers but none of them seem to be targeting Conference Call functionality as their key USP. Want something with very good Noise Cancellation, Echo Cancellation and clean loud speaker output. Any recommendations?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Do you know sendy.co tool? To me it looks like a very profitable business model that many entrepreneurs from India can adopt. Build a small, focused tool that solves a key problem and offer it at a price which is hard to refuse. You don’t need teams, VC’s or anyone else to bless you.. You can be like Sunil Urs, one many army doing a focused solution and making good name (Brand value) and money.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

There are many Software Solutions/IP/SaaS ventures in this group. How many of you understand the below accounting jargon! Do you consider your expenses for development of software as R&D Investments and show them as Capital Assets on your balance sheet? There are tax implications and other aspects associated with this. Expert CA/CFO’s can enlighten the right ways of accounting Software Development Costs for a Startup. http://www.mca.gov.in/Ministry/notification/pdf/AS_26.pdf

Subramanyam Kasibhat

What are some of the best and successful lead generation approaches/tools for B2B Sales? With help from Gurudev we experimented with Target Email Campaign and had amazing results (500 India Emails and 500 Europe Emails. 9 Leads from India. 0 Leads from Europe). Is email still the best or are there better options today?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Today I reviewed a Business Plan and found it to be more like a project plan with very detailed execution level info. The plan also had proposed customers list and target revenues for each. Am assuming 99% of it is assumed and high probability of failure. Is this the norm?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

#opportunity Do you of any company/web-site offering custom goggles that are industrial application ready? They must meet safety standards and offer prescription lens. It is such a huge market and wonder why it is not yet solved.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Anyone facing heat due to crash of Euro (89 Rs to 69Rs)? We are hit badly. Any suggestions of how to handle this for future?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Yesterday I met the founders of this app and was surprised to see them make very minimal money on it so far. Is there a way this group can help startups with apps on better monetize? Consultation or Guidance or Partnerships or group-events to brainstorm ? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.predictivenumerology Note: Sonaal Shandilya is the founder.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

What is the best Gesture Sensing solution in the market today? Intel Real Sense with 3D Camera version 2 looks good. Anyone having access to it can share his/her experience?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Any place/person to rent/sell/share us Google Glass for a couple of days to try ?

Subramanyam Kasibhat

#NeedHelp We want to get into Microsoft Accelerator USA. Applications are open and we have filled the same. Need someone who has made it Microsoft Accelerator to review our application. I know Mukund Mohan is a number man and hard to impress ;-) . You can review online & Phone or I can drop in to a convenient place around Bangalore. Beer/Coffee/Lunch is always on.

Subramanyam Kasibhat

Following cue from Santosh Panda : We are self-funded Product/Solution company started development in 2008. Since 2012-13, we have had a profitable balance sheet. We have grown at 50-60% Year-on-Year till Mar 2015. We will be hitting 100% growth by march 2016. Am looking for a dinner date with a couple of experts who have grown business beyond 200% (2000% ?) to brainstorm and learn/share. Dinner @Bangalore on me. Please comment if you want to join in and contribute.

Next Page