Aparna Singh

• 15 Discussion
  • 76 Comments

We’re planning an event (workshop format), in Bangalore. Any suggestions on good alternative venues besides large hotels? These are proving too expensive. We do plan to organize a lunch although more a working lunch, not a big spread, since there is a time as well as cost constraint. Would especially appreciate suggestions based on events you’ve conducted or attended.

Aparna Singh

Is there anyone here who has worked on analytics for a large content website (like a huffpost or techcrunch or their Indian equivalents?)

This is not for hiring purposes. I would just like to have a chat with any such current or ex employee to pick your brain a little, if you don’t mind.

Aparna Singh

Has anyone here used a third-party app to run an FB contest/promotion? I’ve done some secondary research on this, and find that either there are free apps that then own participants’ data, or the paid ones offer you a suite of apps for a hefty charge. I don’t need a suite of apps, just a single one to run an FB photo contest, at a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

Aparna Singh

Does anyone here any any info on or understanding of how much feedly is being used in India? Besides social media such as FB and Twitter, what are the popular ways for people to follow their favourite sites/blogs? I’m unable to find any India specific info on Feedly.

Aparna Singh

Has anyone here had any experience with using a third-party service like e-junkie or payupaisa or any others for selling online? We are developing some paid digital products this year, and given that e-commerce is not our first priority, it doesn’t make sense to go the whole hog and do payment gateway integration etc. So, I’ve come across these kind of services, but not sure if they enable users to pay via net banking, or how safe they are.

Any experience in the Indian context? What is the best solution for someone who has a couple of products relevant to a community, but is not primarily an e-commerce firm?

Aparna Singh

I’m looking for data on mobile app downloads for various content websites. Would appreciate if anyone could point me to some links/stats.

Aparna Singh

The slow but sure rise of women entrepreneurs: Nandini from the Morpheus start-up accelerator weighs in:

Aparna Singh

Has anyone here used Vistaprint’s services for marketing collateral or any other printing? What DIY printing service would you recommend for delivery on a tight deadline?

Aparna Singh

If some folks here who run content heavy websites (or anyone else) could share your views on this – what does the loss of Google reader mean for such websites? If you have a sizeable audience that reads on feed, what can you do about it?

Aparna Singh

Is anyone aware of a content app that also includes career information? I’m thinking of something like Pulse, that currently does business & technology. Most career apps are primarily job search. I don’t want to do an app myself, but we have a lot of career content for women, and I feel it could do well if partnered with a good app that gives in-depth coverage on career strategies, resources etc. Suggestions welcome.

Aparna Singh

Does anyone know a good (free ideally!) product to help manage a marketing pipeline? I currently do this on excel, but am looking for something that will help me document incoming enquiries as well as outreach made to customers, and help me keep tabs as well as remember to do follow-ups (so a reminder function would be useful). Currently, this is a very small pipeline managed by a 1-2 people so complexity is not a major issue.

Aparna Singh

For those interested in moving from online presence to online impact; 4 days to go – look forward to seeing some of you folks here! http://event.ayojak.com/event/online-marketing-with-results

Aparna Singh

Women who are part of this community – we have an interesting workshop happening on 18th May in Bangalore – online marketing beyond the basics – how to get effective results against your business goals. It’s meant for women running small businesses as well as self-employed, do check it out at http://onlinemktgblr.ayojak.com

Aparna Singh

Looking for a venue in Bangalore to do a workshop for about 25 people. Considerations: Comfortable seating, AC, quiet, has a projector or facility for one. Ideally not a hotel since hotels want you to order lunch, and this being a 4 hour session, we don’t want to spend time (or money) on lunch. Suggestions please…