Rashmi Padhy

• 386 Discussion
  • 2526 Comments

Who is hiring? (January 2015)

Job related posts needs to added to this thread only.

Go to http://community.blrstartups.com/ and do a job post. It will automatically reflect in this thread, and in the website as well.

The website ensures search traffic, and this group post gives visibility in this group.

Any job posts, not done in the right structure will be deleted without notice. The OP will also be removed from the group as a warning. (they can join again and their request will be accepted.)

Rashmi Padhy

Arpit Agarwal has written a very good post on the benefit and opportunity cost of starting up.

Is this the full picture? Is this missing something?

Rashmi Padhy

I came across this solution in the US. IMO, this is a great solution on ways to provide for Free Wifi in a city.

Should a similar approach be tried for the bus stops in Bangalore or Delhi?

NYC Launches Free Wi-Fi Hotspot Program

NYC Launches Free Wi-Fi Hotspot Program

The old pay-phone kiosks are getting a revamp.
Rashmi Padhy

3 Rules of engagement on this community:

1. Startup Related Discussion Only – Articles, or questions which are helpful and add value to others, can be posted. ( Own blog or other blogs.) If we find no engagement on the article, it will be deleted. There is a thin line between, promotions and discussions. Do not cross that line. :)

2. Feedback on Product Startup – You can post your startup for feedback. But please do so only once.

3. Jobs, Freelance, Co-founders, Experts, Connect etc – Post in the connect group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/blrstartups.connect/

P.S.: Yes, we are opening this group for startup related discussions. Please do not abuse this.

P.P.S.: We are going to remove admin moderation. Please report any violations and also educate the new people. Please help us keep this community clean.

Rashmi Padhy

Why do so many IITians get funded and others dont?
Why do some get funded with just an idea/PPT?
Why sometimes shitty ideas gets funded and great ideas dont ?

This and more questions, has got an answer. And it is a secret.

I am writing a book, 7 Cheat Codes to raise Million+ Dollars funding.

You can find more about the book here: https://getfundedfast.wordpress.com/

I am writing this book and have finished the first 3 chapters. 7 more chapters to go. I am opening this up now, to get first 100 people who could review the draft and give me feedback to improve it. You would also need to take a solemn pledge not to leak out the content of the book, till it is time. I would be carefully selecting these 100 people.

Looking forward to your feedback and comments.

Rashmi Padhy

We had a few supporters of Free Basics the last time.. and when we mentioned about Digital Colonization, they did not accept it..

Here is what happened yesterday..

http://thenextweb.com/in/2016/02/10/marc-andreessen-just-offended-1-billion-indians-with-a-single-tweet/#gref

FYI … Benedict Evans tweets were even worse than Marc’s . Marc has apologized since, Benedict has not yet. They are both partners at one of the best VC firm (or used to be the best) @a16z

Marc Andreessen offended 1b Indians with a single tweet

Marc Andreessen offended 1b Indians with a single tweet

Marc Andreessen thinks India would be basking in a brighter economic reality if it remained under British rule.
Rashmi Padhy

Guys,

We need more helping hands for managing this group. Ideal guys should be young, and passionate about startups, from college e-cells, etc

Please comment or ping me or Subhendu Panigrahi to take the discussion forward.

Thanks

Rashmi Padhy

I have got space to seat about 10 people in our office. Indiranagar, Bangalore

Open to host early stage startups. (preferred small teams of 2-3 people)

Ping me on PM and also drop a comment.

Rashmi Padhy

I hope that in this year, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re Doing Something.

So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Lets Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. We don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is we’re scared of doing, lets do it.

Make your mistakes, this year, next year and forever.
Happy 2016 and all the years to come.

Rashmi Padhy

Startup bashing is the new pass time.

Y this animosity towards some startups?

Rashmi Padhy

Do you need an Android Device testing lab?

We have got about 9 different devices, starting from small Samsung Duos, to Marshmallow OS. We don’t have all, but slowly getting there.

I can make it available for people to come and test their apps, on Saturdays between 11 am and 1 pm.

Let me know if this is something which will help you.

The first event can be scheduled for the next Saturday, 19th December. If you are interested, please comment or send me a PM.

(Our office is in Indiranagar)

Rashmi Padhy

If you have not heard it yet, Facebook is out to destroy net neutrality in India.

I read this somewhere:
If you dictate what the poor should get, you take away their rights to choose what they think is best for them

Facebook’s free basics can not be trusted. It is time to act now.

Go to http://www.savetheinternet.in and send email to TRAI.

We need to act now, else Internet will become a walled garden, just like this group. ;)

Save The Internet!

Save The Internet!

TRAI has issued another consultation paper asking once again, if we want Net Neutrality. This time, it's about differential pricing - Airtel Zero and Internet.org type services.
Rashmi Padhy

What are some ways to get more App Installs? Lets talk about those you have used.

Rashmi Padhy

Ram Shriram is here in Bangalore.

You can hear him speak, and network today at 2:00 pm. If interested, drop me a message with the name of your startup, and a brief about yourself.

Only 10 seats available. No Fees.

About Ram Shriman – If you dont know about him, then please Google. :)

P.S.: If you are already going to the event, do comment. We can catch up at the event.

Rashmi Padhy

Can someone tell me the trick to get 775 ratings even when I have 100 downloads?

Rashmi Padhy

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Gandhi said this years ago. This is also true now. Bangalore Startups journey has been similar. :)

Rashmi Padhy

How to deal with fake Google Play store reviews and ratings?

e.g.: One competitor with some cash, can give an app a lot of negative reviews and ratings, or even report the app.

How to get rid of such obvious ratings and reviews?

Rashmi Padhy

Banned about 50-60 people for repeatedly spamming in the group.

It is not very difficult to read the pinned post, before you post something. We want to make all the posts auto-approved, however, the amount of spamming that goes on, is something which stops us from doing it.

Henceforth, all the admins will ban people who do not read the guidelines and repeatedly keep posting.

Rashmi Padhy

What is the difference between

1. VP – Marketing
2. Director – Marketing
3. Head of Marketing

in the context of an early stage startup?

What kind of roles do they play?

Rashmi Padhy

Hey guys,

There is a nice office space up for grabs, in Indiranagar. (Opp. Domlur Club). I have seen the place and liked it. It is available for a real good price, and could be good fit for startups.

Large 3 BHK apartment (Large Rooms, and Very Large Hall)
Reason: Current company is moving out
Rent: Approx 55k

Contact the owner directly. Mr. Prasad – 924-341-5788

Give my reference, if needed.

Rashmi Padhy

In Hyd for a day. Eager to meet fellow entrepreneurs from hyd.

Anytime between 4pm thru dinner at Paradise. ;)

I am camped near Paradise flyover, Begampet.

Rashmi Padhy

This is pure b***-S*** from Ola Cabs

we have upgraded your Ola Money balance of Rs. 200 to Rs. 200 worth of higher-value ride coupons.

When will they learn not to screw up their champions?

How is a voucher of higher-value than cash in wallet?

Rashmi Padhy

Why do the law firm and the CS firm still charge so much for template work?

I believe most of the documentation and filling, follow a certain template. Is it so difficult or the format and template changes every time?

Can someone share the numbers charged by their Law /CS firm and CA for different things?

This could be used as a reference for future entrepreneurs.

Rashmi Padhy

Who has Freelance work jobs required this month? (July 2014)

All: Please post all your freelance work/ services work in this thread only, as a comment.

Companies: Subscribe to this post from the top left corner, and you will get an alert when a new comment is added.

All other freelance job related posts will be deleted.

Next Page