Varun Bhaskar

• 13 Discussion
  • 70 Comments

Interesting lesson here- Does anyone else here have similar experiences ? Would be great to know what you did .

@admins – I am not associated with this company or product. Just came across the blog, felt it was a useful point to talk about. Please remove it if you think otherwise.

SaaS startup mistakes #1: watch out for whales

SaaS startup mistakes #1: watch out for whales

Receptive Blog
Varun Bhaskar

Hi all, I have a question about the face value of the shares when registering a pvt ltd company. Is there a disadvantage to setting at Rs 1 instead of Rs 10, as done usually ?

Varun Bhaskar

Are there any core biotech / life science startups in this community ? I don’t mean software companies doing healthcare information systems and servicing the life science industry.

I mean companies that are looking at identifying new drug molecules or building predictive models in biology, DIY Biology etc.

Varun Bhaskar

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here have a list of all colleges and universities in India that they can share ?

If not, could you please advise on how I Could generate such a database.

Thank you.

Varun Bhaskar

Okay chaps, I think the post for the email/sms data has been deleted. what happens next? Are we assured from the post creator that he will sort out the legality of his approach and rethink how he does his business ?

Varun Bhaskar

This was discussed before, but is there any update on what’s happening with the 10,000 cr startup support fund announced last year ? How can one access it? #whatHapp10000crStartupFund

Varun Bhaskar

Hi, Is anyone here going to the Great Tech Rocketships demo night event at Techhub tomorrow? I have recently moved back to Bangalore. Will be great to meet folks from this community.

Varun Bhaskar

Hi,

I was reading the documents required to apply for a pan card and noticed that allowed forms of identity include

a certificate of identity signed by an MP, an MLA, a Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted Officer;

When is this usually useful ? It appears to me as something that can be misused. Am I wrong in thinking that ? Have any of you rightfully benefitted from having this option ?

Varun Bhaskar

Hi , could someone here share some thoughts on using twilio to integrate voice for web and mobile apps. Are there other alternatives , especially with a freemium model with free minutes. Thank you.

Varun Bhaskar

Do app development companies usually aspire to become a one product company at some stage in their lifetime with a hit app or is it more exciting for them to be a service provider? SWOT analysis for the two

Varun Bhaskar

Hi, I am building a Psaas product and need some advice on pricing strategies. Can anyone help me with this ?

Varun Bhaskar

Hey guys,
Looking for Pros and Cons with applying for the Microsoft Ventures Accelerator programme. Any thoughts?

Varun Bhaskar

Hey guys,

I have a question to the developers amongst you. When a client approaches you with a concept for a product, is it usually sufficient that the he/she describes the concept in detail and clearly, wherein you would work out the algorithm and the coding behind it ? or is there always an expectation that your clients come to you with an algorithm along with the concept.

I am working on my first idea for a platform, and as of now I have designed all the screens and functionalities, but haven’t yet figured out the core algorithm that generates data for the app. I would like to hire developers, but before I do should I have figured out the detailed algorithm as well. What is the usual expectation from a developer in this situation?