Anil Chhikara

• 60 Discussion
  • 115 Comments

This is related to hiring legal expers for startups. I’m sure every startup faces this dilemma when it comes to choosing a lawyer or legal firm to do all their initial paperwork like SHA, employee ESOPs etc. If we just look at cost and affordability and use a cheaper but not good lawyer then a badly made SHA or other documents can come back to hurt the founders real bad in future when large institutional investors come in. However the good reputed law firms are very expensive for a boot strapped startup. Has anyone here managed to find the right lawyer or lawfirm that is good without being too costly! What are fellow entrepreneurs thoughts on this?

Anil Chhikara

This company had a great team, got heavily funded and failed! Good lessons learnt on why it failed and what could they have done differently….

Anil Chhikara

NDAs! No VC will sign them, yet they are very important especially if your startup has an IP perspective…. Must read for such startups…

Anil Chhikara

Good one for those looking at startup jobs!

Anil Chhikara

Full drama going on! material for a future case study in a B School and lots of lessons for founders and startups…

Anil Chhikara

Hope this trend accelerates in India too! There are lot of micro teams working on great ideas and products….

Anil Chhikara

Amazing discussion for those parents who think entrepreneurship before college is waste of time or those who need to convince their parents to let them be entrepreneurs!

Anil Chhikara

Guys I just wanted to share this chat I had at 2:20 am last night with a member of this community. This is what happens when you are friendly, approachable and willing to help any fellow entrepreneur and then you get taken for granted. I renamed this member as idea is not to shame him but let everyone learn from this. ADMIN: my request is to you not to remove this as every member should know what are the limits with other members wiling to help.

Asshole: have u invested in startups that are in deep learning or synthetic biology?

Asshole: Hi Anil

Asshole: U don’t seem to respond at all

Asshole: and even Marc Andersson has time to respond back to me

Me: Pls let me sleep right now…. Will respond later

Asshole: well I am removing u off my facebook

Me: And fuck Marc Anderson

Asshole: lets connect on linkedin

Asshole: which is precisely Indians say when they hear Marc Anderssons name

Asshole: anyway good night

Asshole: and good luck

Asshole: apologies for disturbing ur sleep

Me: You need to understand that just because you are awake does not mean everyone is at this hour… You woke me up and I don’t think this is an emergency

Me: So pls don’t msg me

Asshole: well I apologize

Asshole: won’t happen again

Me: Hope so!

Anil Chhikara

Just bought this book and its an amazing resource for entrepreneurs looking at raising funds (This is NOT to promote the book but make aware of special promo going on. Im not making anything on it). Its available right now for $1 recommended buy http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UC7OU2A/

Anil Chhikara

How do I pay my Bills while in Incubator / Business Accelerator Program? – We are starting an incubator where we will provide all thats needed to develop and take to market the product/service but no personal spend money. This question that came up in my mind was from the entrpreneurs perspective. Searched for it and found this wonderful answer from Casey Allen, a 5x entrepreneur and now an investor. Thought thsi will make good read for those of my fellow entrepreneurs here who are looking at joining incubators. Here it is – http://www.quora.com/How-Do-You-Pay-Your-Bills-While-in-Incubator-Business-Accelerator-Program-or-Under-Angel-Funding

Anil Chhikara

Yes, its never too late or too early to start! When you FEEL it is the right time, that is the best time for your startup!

Anil Chhikara

it’s never too early to reap the benefits of entrepreneurship!

Anil Chhikara

Are you planning to raise capital to grow your startup, or are you in the process of raising capital? If yes, attend this webinar – http://trust.onevest.com/startup-fundraising-3-19/

Anil Chhikara

Hi, Im looking for a comic artist to collaborate on a comic venture for adults. Anyone out there?

Anil Chhikara

Hi! I run Marco Polo Ventures, a go-to-market accelerator for innovative startups. I every day come across wonderful and passionate entrepreneurs in this group. I would love to connect with them for closer interactions and exploring synergies. Some of them also send me friend requests on FB. However I am still not convinced of FB being THE platform for networking as compared to LinkedIn. I would rather get connected to fellow entrepreneurs in this group via Linked. Pls do visit my profile and put ref to Blore startups in the message. lets connect. My profile – ae.linkedin.com/in/anilchhikara

Anil Chhikara

must read for all entrepreneurs in initial days of their startups….

Anil Chhikara

Fundable Ideas a list of such ideas was compiled by Y Combinator.

Anil Chhikara

Hi, I am looking for a Web marketing company or an expert to do the SEO optimisation for website of one of our portfolio startups in Dubai. I would like this to be done at no cost in exchange of an international case study and reference account for them. Pls let me know if anyone would be interested. If yes, please share your expertise details on Anil@marcopoloventures.com. Thanks!

Anil Chhikara

Hi, I am looking for a Web marketing company or an expert to do the SEO optimisation for website of one of our portfolio startups in Dubai. I would like this to be done at no cost in exchange of an international case study and reference account for them. Pls let me know if anyone would be interested. If yes, please share your expertise details on Anil@marcopoloventures.com. Thanks!

Anil Chhikara

This is a dilemma every new entrepreneur making a transition from job to a full time entrepreneur has. Good story of an entrepreneur who built her startup while working fulltime and left only after venture needed her fulltime dedication and presence.

Anil Chhikara

TLabs, one of the leading tech accelerators in India is opening applications for their Spring 2015 batch (starting in February).

TLabs will be funding USD 50k (~INR 30L) against an equity stake of 8% in each of the selected startups. This would be ideal for growth stage startups who are trying to scale up and typically help them leap through the Valley of death.

Over and above this, TLabs which has been operating out of Delhi for the past 3 years, is also opening a full centre in Bangalore. Around 50% of their past portfolio startups have been from Bangalore or around. The Spring batch will be running from both Delhi & Bangalore.

Last date in 11th Jan 14. Apply here – http://www.f6s.com/tlabsspring15

Anil Chhikara

need some infographic designed at low cost (read near-zero) any freelancers out there that can help?

Anil Chhikara

a friend wants to do a course in digital marketing.. which course offered is the best in bangalore?

Anil Chhikara

Just found out the cool deals available at F6S.com esp liked the Free New haircut startup pitching template :) – http://www.f6s.com/deals

Anil Chhikara

Guys, seeking sales referrals from members living in high rise apartments if your society is looking to implement individual water metering! – with a referral fee as incentive :)

Our startup, SmartrHomes is a community automation company. It has developed the world’s first smart community hub that can help an entire community benefit from the Internet of Things (IoT) revolution. The first device available on the Nuclious hub is waterOn, a self powered smart water meter for high rise apartments that powers itself using water flow and monitors & controls water usage in realtime. An online portal and a smartphone app gives users access to their usage data and trends and allows Residential Welfare Associations (RWA) manage the billing for utilities. With metering automatically reducing water consumption by 25-30%, we see SmartrHomes making a huge impact in water conservation. For the detailed brochure of the solution, please go to: http://smartrhomes.com/resources/Introduction_SmartrHomes_Lite.pdf. You can also visit www.SmartrHomes.com.