Rubina Guleria

• 13 Discussion
  • 186 Comments

This is How Facebook is Stealing Billions of Views
FAIL BLOG | 14 NOVEMBER 2015

http://pulse.me/s/4V8QCT

Rubina Guleria

The Bangalore Mobile Spa, a home salon experience company, is looking for a brilliant product engineer… very exciting times currently and ahead. If you are looking to a challenging, right in the cauldron of activity jump- we should talk! Onward and Forward.

Rubina Guleria

A little strange request but comes from very serious people. do you know any one who wants to become an entrepreneur…is a failed entrepreneur… Is looking for an idea?. A set of tech guys have an idea that they want to execute but can’t leave their jobs. Sll are senior execs with MNCs. They will bank roll it.

Rubina Guleria

…and Rahul Yadav is back as CEO, per an official release to YourStory he had a healthy discussion with the investors and he has been reinstated.

http://www.firstpost.com/business/im-still-ceo-fun-epic-reign-housing-coms-rahul-yadav-2228724.html

what lessons do we learn from the shenanigans at Housing.com?

All press is good press?
Burn. Burn. Burn?
Traction can be bought?
Social etiquette be damned for crassness?

Sure we dont know what the fine print is of this mutual agreement but what of the larger message?

Rubina Guleria

Rahan Khan advices an entrepreneur to send the intro email to a vc by citing the subject as :*revenue,… IIT Team, xyz….* that shows the extreme bias to the network of IIT, IIM, BITS in the vc circle.
If i ever raise money, i am going to hire one of these pedigree folks to just show up!
and thats a good take away from todays ET.

Rubina Guleria

I need to connect with anyone who has done scale up ops for a services based offering- revenues upwards of 10 cr.
the need is advisory, but could be hybrid of any kind that works mutually!

thanks much in advance.

Rubina Guleria

Good people, I am looking to connect with people who are in the B2C product space-non tech. I want to learn about the sales and marketing cycle/teams/revenue sharing vs rental deals…the whole shebang. I understand its a lot to ask, and so am happy to supply rider free
spa coupons for our latest greatest treatments!

Rubina Guleria

Infy, at a ripe old age of 33 or thereabouts call yourself anything but a start up. Please anything but that. Making silly mistakes is the privilege of start ups, young start ups. Young. 33 and writing off your silly experiments to being a start up STILL is downright depressing.
No?

Rubina Guleria

Curious to know why VC is a preferred fund as compared to PE? is it just cause the VC channels are so in our face and active in creating visibility as opposed to PE?
In year two of a start up why is a founder looking for VC funding? And this in the Indian scenario where VC funding is not *adventurous* in the least. VC firms will string an idea thin to ensure that its profitable.

I have raised via PE and its been a productive ride. Personally, it was way easier for us to pitch a successful traction than the idea. At the idea stage we were like: we will give salon services at home…here are the numbers, growth path..and the VC’s, largely, shook their head cause there was no bleeding edge technology or a bankable product.
2 years later-The PE guy saw our growth plans, lots of discussions on how we were achieving that and growing…and we were done.
Insider news: I had a connect to the PE fund and NO connect with the VC network at that point.
So, does it also boil down to the network, insiders, facilitating members, connects..?

Investment wise the differentiating factors are listed here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorhwang/2012/10/01/presidential-debate-primer-whats-the-difference-between-private-equity-and-venture-capital/

Rubina Guleria

Is there a pure play marketing guru in this group who is willing to share knowledge /mentor?
TIA

Rubina Guleria

And here is a thought worth thinking about!

Rubina Guleria

Ganesh’s being celebrated today in economic times. What’s come of the 1000 cr Pearson buy out of tutor vista? Do we know that its a dud and was Pearson’s last ditch effort to become relevant. Big basket is NOT their brain child, its Jerry Rao’s work and they merely invested. Me thinks the article today was an effort to have someone bite portea. A business with transaction value between 250 to 550 and costs of resource, fuel, driver, time. At what scale does it EVER get profitable? Midas touch or just bankable alumni clubs at work? Names big enough to blind reason and commonsense. Wondering!

Rubina Guleria

Has anyone led talks with Ah Ventures? We are scheduled to, and wanted to talk with someone who has. TIA