Rahul Aswani

• 49 Discussion
  • 642 Comments

What do you guys think of Using parse.com as a mobile backend
most of you who use parse would be using it for Push Notifications and not as a whole platform
For people who have used Parse Core ( https://www.parse.com/products ) what is you opinion about that.
I have heard issues of
1. scaling
2. downtime
3. background jobs failing to start/starting late
4. very less query rate
5. not startup friendly Pricing

Rahul Aswani

What do you guys think of Using parse.com as a mobile backend
most of you who use parse would be using it for Push Notifications and not as a whole platform
For people who have used Parse Core ( https://www.parse.com/products/core ) what is you opinion about that.
I have heard issues of
1. scaling
2. downtime
3. background jobs failing to start/starting late
4. very less query rate
5. not startup friendly Pricing

404 | Parse

404 | Parse

Rahul Aswani

People who have launched a Landing page before launching their app. would like to what are the benefits of doing so and some tips to achieve best results for the same ?

Rahul Aswani

Anybody who uses Digital Ocean here i need some help

My digital ocean droplet/server with config 512 MB and 20 GB automatically gets logged out if i leave it unattended for 10 minutes, then i have to kill it and re-run it again. anybody else faced this issue ?

Rahul Aswani

does anyone know of any Startup Accelerators, Incubators or VC firms who have partnered with FBstar for their program in India ?

Rahul Aswani

G for Google.com
but Google just doesn’t want to be only google, it wants to be A to Z and hence it’s reorganising itself to be Alphabet = https://abc.xyz/

which will be a set of companies and Google will be a part of it led by the new CEO Sundar Pichai ( Indian Origin )

we are living in interesting times :)

Alphabet

Alphabet

As Sergey and I wrote in the original founders letter 11 years ago, “Google is not a conventional company. We do not intend to become one.” As part of that, we also said that you could expect us to make “smaller bets in areas that might seem very speculative or even strange when compared to our curr…
Rahul Aswani

anyone here who made/signed a founder’s agreement with their co-founder ?

what does it look like ?
what to put and what not to put in it ?

can you share the template or if possible the exact agreement a friend raising money needs it

Rahul Aswani

#FacebookAds #AppDownloads #Tracking
has anyone here used FB sponsored ads for App downloads
the native ads that come within the facebook app which have a download button and when the user clicks it directly takes them to the play store
Something like this image

how do you guys track these downloads, yes facebook gives you a figure as to how many downloads you got through them but how to you verify or cross check that ?

Rahul Aswani

Hey All,

Which are the best A/B testing tools ?

I am talking about the likes of ones used by Facebook, Amazon, Spotify, Etsy and the tech leaders in A/B testing

i know App iterate and taplytics i want to hear more good names apart from these

people commenting with experience would be preferred

thanks

Rahul Aswani

what are the best ways to utilize Product Hunt and Product Hunt commenting access. i think i am not utilizing my commenting access completely.

want to know the creative ways in which Bangalore Startups people are using Product Hunt

Rahul Aswani

As Bangalore Startups has always taken a fair stand on everything.I am posting this video which i found a good and healthy discussion on #NetNeutrality debate. i believe this will clear some more doubts about what the fuss is about

I think we have to find a middle way and this is my personal view
i would like to know communities view on it

Rajan Mathews, Sanjay Kapoor & Khamba of AIB Discuss Net Neutrality | Save The Internet

Rajan Mathews, Sanjay Kapoor & Khamba of AIB Discuss Net Neutrality | Save The Internet

The battle lines have been drawn over Net Neutrality and the fight has now caught the attention of both telecom regulators and the government, apart from the...
Rahul Aswani

Flipkart steps back. A Major Customer off the Airtel Zero partners LIst
this is 1st of series of events which will make sure that #NEtNeutrality in India stays at it should to be
but this doesn’t mean we stop sending emails to TRAI
we should continue to make our voice heard till we don’t get a suitable law passed from TRAI in favour of #NetNeutrality
keep sending email to advqos@trai.gov.in and a copy netneutralityindia16@gmail.com or simply use http://www.savetheinternet.in

Exclusive: Flipkart Pulls Out of Airtel Zero! » NextBigWhat

Exclusive: Flipkart Pulls Out of Airtel Zero! » NextBigWhat

Airtel Zero is *almost* violating net neutrality and we welcome Flipkart's decision to pull out of the program (ofcourse, we hope that their competitors do not latch up to the opportunity)
Rahul Aswani

Get Satisfaction a customer engagement community platform got acquired by Sprinklr but the Founders made nothing from the deal

Lane Becker on Twitter

Lane Becker on Twitter

“I appreciate the sentiment, but don't congratulate me on the GS acquisition. The founders were washed out of the deal. We got nothing.”
Rahul Aswani

Hi All,

if anybody has opened twitter today you can see that #WhoppersInPune is trending. i am wondering why would many people be so excited that a burger chain is opening in their city
1. how many tweets/retweets do you need make your #hashtag trend, any metrics for this ?
2. which social media marketing companies provide this as a service ?
3. what are the long term/short term advantages/repercussion of this typoe of a social media gig ?
4. does this lead to real conversions/downloads/purchases/signups ?

i would like to hear/discuss this from someone/company who has done it in the past in a way which sounds more explanatory than promotional

thanks

Rahul Aswani

All legal experts in Copyright and Patent Filing please clear my doubt

Patent filing process takes its own course of time till then can getting a copyright help me in protecting an Application/Software Feature/piece of code

Rahul Aswani

Suppose you have made a tech product and you are doing marketing/paying server bills/getting a website/landing page built and till now you haven’t formally registered a company

later when you raise some money
first of all can you ?
and if yes then how can you show the expenditure done for your startup from your(founder’s ) account/credit card as your’s startup’s expenditure

may be i have not put it across correctly but i want to know how to show the prefunding, pre company incorporation expenditure as apart of startup expenditure

Rahul Aswani

Hi all,
this is for #Entrepreneurs #mentors #investors

Is it a right thing to do to call your startup as

linked in for this
Whatsapp for that
Uber for that

I do get the point that its easy to relate to but

What i am trying to say is, ia it good to take someone elses support to pitch in your startup
I don’t like this personally

i feel one should be able to explain his startup without making a reference

What’s the communities view on this ?

Rahul Aswani

#Mobile #App #Backend #discussion

what is the best Mobile App Backend stack ROR, PHP or what ?

Please share more of experience and less of knowledge
Please explain pros and cons too

Rahul Aswani

#Android #Help #intermediatelevel

Can anyone tell me how to suppress the call screen of an android phone

I am working on some feature which needs this

the user opens my app and that initiates an auto call to an ivr number and the call is immediately picked up by the ivr. the user doesn’t need to say/speak anything ( not required )
then i take some input from the user say a number using MY APP’s Keyboard and still the call is in the background

SO BASICALLY I WANT TO SUPPRESS THE CALL ACTIVITY O ANDROID OS FROM COMING ON TOP OF THE SCREEN

i couldn’t get a better image on he internet :D

Rahul Aswani

#suggestion #domain #AndroidApp #website #Landingpage
what would be a good gTLD ( ex. .com, .in, .net )f or a mobile app website/landing page
it seems .app won’t be available till march end

would xyzapp.in be better than xyzapp.mobi ?

Rahul Aswani

Happy New Year 2015 :)
now lets get down to business !

Rahul Aswani

#help #Android #iOS #Swift #Xammrin
Hi Friends,

i am trying to make a mobile solution for a problem.
i would be going Android first but i cannot ignore iOS

[ problem ] i am trying to figure out how i can write single piece of code and make native apps for both platforms

while finding a solution to this i found that i can use swift ( Apple’s new language ) to write code which i can then convert into java and make an android app

https://arctouch.com/2014/10/swift-make-android-app/

i also found ways to code in java for iOS using http://www.robovm.com/develop/documentation/

anybody doing this ? or
how are you optimising code for Android and iOS both ? or
any other suggestion i don’t mind going the hybrid way until the UI/UX is not impacted

Rahul Aswani

Great to see a lot of activity on this group today
i saw a lot of interesting questions and discussionstoday
but don’t know if these thoughts/doubts are natural or
Christmas rum cake + wine effect ?

Rahul Aswani

Billion $ Idea is a lie.
Billion $ Execution is a Reality

Rahul Aswani

anybody attending mobile sparks today ?
we can meet

Rahul Aswani

Hi all

i recently purchased a 13 macbook pro mid 2012 with 4 GB RAM ( 2 slots of 2 GB)
to enhances the performance
i am putting in a transcend/crosair/crucial 8 GB RAM in 1 slot.
However i came to know that i should only put similar RAMs in both the slots. like 2, 4 or 8 in both the slots otherwise the processor will work in accordance with the lower RAM speed

can someone who has upgraded the RAM of macbook ( preferably mid 2012 ) guide me on this

Thank you

Rahul Aswani

[to admins ]Posting here since i am not able to post on the #freelancer job post ( proof snapshot ) i would remove this as soon i get my hands on a laptop.

[ readers ] I need a freelancer to design the UI psd images for an app that i am making
App OS : Android
No of screens : 8
requirement : Urgent

the layout ia ready on paper so half the work is done. you just have to convert it into PSDs
Please PM me for quotes

Thank You

Rahul Aswani

Hey all,
The old thread had been taken back as it was creating confusion so posting this new one hope this is clear.

Something new, something much needed has been started by Dazeinfo.

#marketanalysis #marketsizing #marketstratergy #startupfunding

As some of you might be knowing Amit & Dazeinfo are known for being good at numbers. So we are coming up with a new service which is being launched exclusively on Bangalore startups (as of now)

Here is a good chance for Bangalore Startups members to take their professional help & get the required Market sizing, opportunity analyses, Market statistics & competition analyses done to pitch in to investors.
it is free for some of the first few selected startups

start by filling in the REGISTRATION SURVEY and get in touch

LINK : www.dazeinfo.com/startup-funding-help/

Rahul Aswani

#marketanalysis #marketsizing #marketstratergy #investorreport #startupfunding #help #Dazeinfo
Hey all,
The old thread had been taken back as it was creating confusion so posting this new one hope this is clear.

Something new, something much needed has been started by Dazeinfo.

As some of you might be knowing Amit & Dazeinfo are known for being good at numbers. So we are coming up with a new service which is being launched exclusively on Bangalore startups (as of now)

Here is a good chance for Bangalore Startups members to take their professional help & get the required Market sizing, opportunity analyses, Market statistics & competition analyses done to pitch in to investors.
it is free for some of the first few selected startups

start by filling in the REGISTRATION SURVEY at the site to be updated

LINK : www.dazeinfo.com/startup-funding-help/

Next Page