Amrudesh Santhanam

• 39 Discussion
  • 467 Comments

Looks like a cool resource for anyone interested in ES6 version of Javascript thats coming up.

https://github.com/lukehoban/es6features

Amrudesh Santhanam

Hi all.. Need some help… What are the good options for (Hybrid Ionic based) iOS app CSS / Components. Ionic itself comes with a pretty weak CSS. http://materializecss.com/ is great for Android but guess it wont work for iOS. Suggestions plz. Thnx.

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guys, one of our customers has some videos hosted on vimeo.com…. which our DoT has blocked recently….. Any idea how we can get that to stream ? without requiring end consumer to change any DNS settings.

Amrudesh Santhanam

Anyone ordered stuff from flipkart for company? I am trying to order but they dont have a separate shipping address and billing name and address and of course, I need an invoice. How have you handled this if ever?

Btw, I called their support number (1800 …). The response was very poor… That guy had no clue about what was difference between billing and shipping address. Finally asked his senior and still said, its not possible. I have to give only one address.

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guys, we are using the Ionic Framework (www.ionicframework.com) to build apps now. Wanted to understand how has been your experience in case you are also using ionic and hence angular too (with cordova). Personally, i see that the ionic forum is yet to mature enough to be able to provide solutions to many issues that we come across during dev… And have any of you been able to hire on this front?

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guys, (and I hope Rashmi will excuse me)

There are 2 rooms in my house available for rent. In Jeevan Bima Nagar. Has direct entry to first floor room and then a 2nd floor room with attached wash room. I moved out to chennai for my startup and hence, that space is open.

* 1st floor room is about 12×12 and 2nd floor is about 15×15.
* Should be comfortable for about 10 ppl to work at least.
* Dont have office like furnishing though. Guess u can make arrangements
* Water and power no problem. Have inverter that runs long enough.
* Wifi already available but if you need more bandwidth, can work out
* Parking alone may be a bit of hassle. Do check.

Rent can be discussed. Fine if you just pay each month rent in advance.

You may contact my father (Mr.Santhanam) on 8123001946. Location is https://goo.gl/maps/Gkzhq

Google Maps

View maps and find local businesses on the web.
Amrudesh Santhanam

Guys, anyone got an idea of whether I can get Medium.com blog hosted inside our website.. The UI is cool and easy to write but I dont want to leave my blog there. Check out my question on quora..

http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-get-medium-blog-platform-for-my-website

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guys, one of my friends, needs a little help with backing up / some change of his wordpress website. Would be great if any of you could help out. Not sure. Things probably can be fixed with a 10-15 minutes skype session or else, if a day or two required, he is willing to pay for it. Do ping me… thanks…. (I will invite him to our group too.. )

Amrudesh Santhanam

Hi All,

Request you to spare a few minutes to fill out this survey initiated by Vivek Durai in a Chennai Startups group. You will also get to see the final results. Could be valuable to all.

#FilterKaapi #Payments for #Startups Survey

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guys, check this out… The founder of this site reached out to me from Switzerland…. Looks like they are incorporating intelligence into the Helpdesk system. If you get on their beta, they are offering a 12 month trial period…

http://www.keeping.com/

Keeping.com | Save time and deliver superb customer support !

Keeping.com | Save time and deliver superb customer support !

Install the Keeping.com widget on your website and automatically and instantly answer the questions your customers have, before they email you.
Amrudesh Santhanam

Guys, Check this out…. Seems to be a good tool… They detected a significant jump in our site traffic and sent us a mail…. followed up and did a free sign up.. They give real gud info… U can track your competitors too.. Ranking, news related to them, financials if available, people there.. etc…. Follow Industry wise, Geography wise or particular companies.

http://signl.com/home/

Real-Time Business Intelligence and Competitive Analysis, without the Noise - SIGNL

Real-Time Business Intelligence and Competitive Analysis, without the Noise - SIGNL

Find and track the fastest-growing companies, from startups to big businesses, without the noise, so you can see tomorrow's competitive landscape, today.
Amrudesh Santhanam

Why look for a voice over artist? Check out http://www.nextup.com/attnv.html

Get this one along with TextAloud 3 and you can churn out audio clips or add audio to your videos easily… Get any of those voices to read out your text. You can even edit the pronunciation of particular words, speed up / down, add pauses etc…. :)

SAPI4 and SAPI5 AT&T Natural Voicesu2122 for use with Text to Speech Software

NextUp.com develops Windows text to speech (TTS) software applications like TextAloud that let your computer talk with AT&T Natural Voices.
Amrudesh Santhanam

Are there any legal restrictions in India against AB testing on pricing? Any experiences?

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guyz, Anyone got experience in using a reseller model for a SaaS business? We are considering it. Would be good to know whether it works well, does it end up raising costs significantly etc. The reason we are considering it is twofold. 1. We need international reach. 2. We see that a local rep who can demo, setup site, help in getting started and provide local support might work best. It’s not as straightforward as a self service system. What say?

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guyz, need some help.

How useful / valuable is it to put up a Feature comparison with competitors? For info, in our domain (online test delivery platform), although there are quite a few competitors and some of our potential customers have their own tools (which we hope to replace some day), some local and some international, it is not that we are depending fully on our success to overthrow them. Our major challenge is ‘adoption of this technology’ by those who are not yet using any such solution. In that sense, it is about convincing potential customers to move to online test delivery rather than compete with others. Only few of our customers have asked us why TestVita and not some competitor…. And as usual, there are direct / tangential competitors. Thanks in advance..

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guyz, we are approaching september end. Think it is time to file Incometax returns if one has registered company before Mar 2013. Rite? Has anyone already done?

Amrudesh Santhanam

One update regarding a post I put up sometime back. Regarding ‘How to pay Amazon AWS from company account’ . I contacted HDFC and they are giving me a Business Platinum Credit Card. It will be on my name but will also have company name embossed on it. Will use exclusively for company and pay that card from our company current account. This makes accounting proper.
Problem with all corporate cards directly in company name is that they either want 5 crores kind of turnover or 7-10 lakhs fixed deposit. That’s not for startups.
Hope this info is useful…. If anyone needs some contacts, do let me know. I can refer the person in HDFC to u…

Amrudesh Santhanam

Sunny Luthra, you were looking for someone to help in testing the blrstartups.com site. Rite? Can you elaborate on it a little? Can we get someone among our ‘Job Seekers’ to give it a shot? or else of course, whoever can spare some effort? I can probably do some too (Is it with Selenium?)

Amrudesh Santhanam

Guyz, Can you share your experiences on how you planned your hiring strategies and what you learnt out of it? The obvious doubts in my mind are

1. Real smart chaps Vs those who are willing to learn (even if not gr8 today)
2. Fulltime Vs Contract Vs Internships (whats a good balance)
3. Outsource Vs Hire for things like digital / social media marketing
4. Small high power team Vs a bigger average team
5. Does crowdsourcing work well on the ground? For what kind of tasks?

How do these things pan out? We are bootstrapping today. Getting ready for the bigger game…

Amrudesh Santhanam

What percentage of the African continent is English speaking? Thinking about our approach to a global launch….

Amrudesh Santhanam

What are courses (on Udacity, Coursera etc) that one should do or books one should read irrespective of how busy we get on the ground running the startup? I have stopped even the one course on lean startups I started (steve blank on udacity) :( . It seems very easy to get lost in details…..

Amrudesh Santhanam

Was checking our blrstartups.com site. Have the below suggestion.

Can we add that ’3rd party services’ with rating and reviews so that startups know what to choose and how? Any good threads we have had on that subject will also be helpful. So, any comparison between AWS , Rackspace etc can go in that one place. When I say 3rd party, I mean anything other than those started by folks here.

Amrudesh Santhanam

Need one info… Is anyone paying (in USD) to Amazon (AWS) through a company debit / credit card or some means? Anyone especially using SBI? I tried with my company Business debit card but this card is not allowed. I also notice that this card does not qualify for Verify by VISA.

Next Page