Hemant Singh

• 11 Discussion
  • 60 Comments

I need a higher level of certainty than investors do because my time is more valuable to me than their money is to them. Investors place bets in a portfolio of companies, but I only have one life.
#mustRead

Why I turned down $500K, Pissed off my investors, and Shut down my startup

Why I turned down $500K, Pissed off my investors, and Shut down my startup

I just did what no startup founder is ever supposed to do. ¶ I gave up. ¶ It wasn’t even one of those glorious “fail fast and fail forward” learning expe…
Hemant Singh

Hey awesome folks!
What’s your go-to-market strategy for SaaS products for international markets, and what was the thinking behind it?

I know this is a very broad question and I should be more specific, but I believe a broad discussion will help everyone and maybe then we can go into specifics :)

Hemant Singh

National digital initiative will open many opportunities. If anyone is looking for ideas or problems to solve, dig deep into the various reports on it. If NDI is implemented (fingers crossed) it may lead to phenomenal changes in our society. This will create a significant shift in the needs of masses and will definitely attract startups from abroad. Our Indian entrepreneurs should be the ones harnessing potential of these opportunities.
Few points:
1. Things will take time but this will happen. Now we don’t have a choice. It’s already late.
2. The challenges will be different so don’t try copying a solution. Go out there talk to people and build for them.
3. Now it is possible to build products in many regional languages, this will matter in scalability
4. Don’t reinvent the wheel for everything. Use open source and even build open source if possible. This will attract brilliant developers from abroad to contribute.
5. Bandwidth and continuos connectivity will always be an issue. Many companies are coming up with offline versions of their product. Keep this in mind while designing your product.

People, add your knowledge and views on this :)

Hemant Singh

Must read. The tech and business side of scaling a product like Whatsapp with a vision of present on every device on earth

http://highscalability.com/blog/2014/2/26/the-whatsapp-architecture-facebook-bought-for-19-billion.html

Hemant Singh

Something for people using Shopify and cash on delivery :)

Hemant Singh

I liked the concept. I tried it, it’s fund and it’s simple tool(just clicks) for crowd sourcing. The company provides you perks for doing right predictions and they sell this data to investors.. Your views?

Hemant Singh

Experimenting with Places API made this small hack.

p.s. : Don’t expect a good UI experience. Sorry :D

Hemant Singh

Experimenting with Places API made this small hack.

p.s. : Don’t expect a good UI experience. Sorry :D

Hemant Singh

Last night’s hackathon in my room with cola, chips… and made this. Would love suggestions/feedback from you all

Quora : Read Later

Quora : Read Later

Use this chrome extension to mark Questions in Quora to read later.