I need a higher level of certainty than investors do because my time is more valuable to me than their money is to them. Investors place bets in a portfolio of companies, but I only have one life.
National digital initiative will open many opportunities. If anyone is looking for ideas or problems to solve, dig deep into the various reports on it. If NDI is implemented (fingers crossed) it may lead to phenomenal changes in our society. This will create a significant shift in the needs of masses and will definitely attract startups from abroad. Our Indian entrepreneurs should be the ones harnessing potential of these opportunities.
1. Things will take time but this will happen. Now we don’t have a choice. It’s already late.
2. The challenges will be different so don’t try copying a solution. Go out there talk to people and build for them.
3. Now it is possible to build products in many regional languages, this will matter in scalability
4. Don’t reinvent the wheel for everything. Use open source and even build open source if possible. This will attract brilliant developers from abroad to contribute.
5. Bandwidth and continuos connectivity will always be an issue. Many companies are coming up with offline versions of their product. Keep this in mind while designing your product.
People, add your knowledge and views on this