A little strange request but comes from very serious people. do you know any one who wants to become an entrepreneur…is a failed entrepreneur… Is looking for an idea?. A set of tech guys have an idea that they want to execute but can’t leave their jobs. Sll are senior execs with MNCs. They will bank roll it.
List of 40 tutorials on how to create an API
Has anyone tried tracking offline sales in GA, let’s say a lead was generated by Adwords or Facebook Ads and post which the consumer calls after a week and converts into a paying customer. How would you map this into a FB conversion into the funnel, another scenario would be a customer pays 10% online to book a table at restaurant and 90% in a restaurant post his meal. What is the best way to track this in E-Com funnel?
I am facing issues big time in providing way bills/vat forms to Courier companies like FedEx to carry shipments to some state even in a B2C format. I was working with smaller logistic companies before but chose to switch because of greater coverage of FedEx and a more economical pricing..I really want this post to be come up in the group as I am in need of urgent help. !!!
10 reasons not to join a start up – we must be crazy, eh?
I have decided to move to Bangalore to do start up. I am 20 & here are a few concerns of mine.
a) Where should I go after landing at the airport?
b) How can I make a little money to support my basic needs there(I am good at MEAN stack & iOS App development)?
c) How can I connect with like minded people & incubators?
d) How can i just start this journey?
e) Cheap places to live?…
I am final year Electrical and Electronics Engineer from VIT University. I want to start my career in Electronics preferably Embedded System.I have successfully completed many projects,internship and international competition to enrich my knowledge in the field. I am looking for challenging core job and that is major motivation to work for a start-up. if someone is looking for similar profile. feel free to contact.
find my resume at https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzi79dcfrfpo1y7/Chandan%20Bhatia%20_Resume.pdf?dl=0
Based on requests from many group members, we are starting a thread dedicated to co-founder hiring.
[a] If you’re looking for a co-founder, post it here as comments.
[b] Do NOT comment here for any non co-founder job post. PLEASE. respect time of fellow group members. The ones not adhering to rules will be banned.
Good morning everyone !
I run an apparel startup, and would like to register it as an LLP , I have a few questions on the same
1.If I register my house as the official address of the company(LLP) ,does the property tax of the place increase ( since it is now a commercial establishment? )
2.What are the other taxes I will have to pay ?
3. Is it a good idea to register as a LLP ?
Have a great day !
Looking for cakephp resource with excellent analytic skills for contract to hire in Bangalore for a fast growing vacation rental start-up. Please refer some good candidates
Created a chrome extension for searching posts of this group, It extends facebook group’s search with couple of filters. Search facebook group by using filters like ‘by user’ or ‘in posts’ with ‘and’ ‘or’ operator. I have also open sourced the code on github.
Hi Bangalore Startups, I have a business plan in the lines of concept of UBER which is ofcourse different from it and i think it will be successful in cities like bangalore. I want to make my plan concrete as well as in a transfixed state of what i have to do next. Can you please suggest.
P.S I dont have required money for the startup aswell, its just an idea.
We are a fast growing startup in the home furniture and design segment. We are looking to building up and expanding our team. We are accelerated by one the India’s top accelerators.
We are looking for Technology people who are passionate about building great products. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Must have excellent programming skills and out-of-box thinker to come up with creative solutions
- Responsible for designing front-end frameworks for web, mobile and web based application user interfaces.
- Integrate third-party analytics tools with the website.
- Own up the design, development, integration and unit testing efforts for the product
- Ready to roll up the sleeves and get hands-on at all times
- Identify Technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Hands on PHP with excellent problem solving skills.
- Ajax, java, jquery, html, CSS,
- Strong foothold of CMS, Payment gateways, Web Technologies, Mobile App
- UI/UX expereince
- preferable worked in a startup before
- Independent, detail-oriented and team player
Location – Bangalore
Compensation – Fixed pay + Equity
•Strong Front end developer Working experience with HTML5.0 + CSS3.0 + Java Script & JS MVC/ExtJS
•Hands-on experience in Node JS / Backbone JS / Knockout JS / Angular JS / Can JS / OOJS / Node JS / Ember JS / …Bootstrap/ Responsive Web Design.
•Good knowledge on Restful Web services and Server side integration
•Ability to translate the UI designs in to fully-functional interactive prototypes
•Good working Knowledge on back end technologies(Java) is desired
Exp 2-6 yrs
Realized I hadn’t fixed the privacy settings of the event before posting here last evening so here we go again.
We are having a Summer Startup Party at the Headout Koramangla pad and would love to hang out with the ecosystem here. No pitches or gyan, just good old beer and fun times. See you there!
Over a discussion, I was asked this question: What are some way in which WhatsApp can monetize?
Here are my thoughts:
WhatsApp founder is very much against an ads in WhatsApp. So that rules out any form of ad based model.
My suggestion is starting their Apis and making it paid only. Here are a few details it could have:
1. Find if the user is on WhatsApp or not.
2. Have a business name based identity – not just phone number
3. Can send message and get response when the message is delivered, and read.
4. Users can reply to these messages just like a normal chat
5. Businesses can have a support kind of system, where they can delegate it to different support exec similar to support tickets or support chat.
1. Transactional SMS:- ecommerce (sends about 3-4 sms per trans), Banks, etc – WhatsApp can replace transactional sms as we know it. It comes with more features, and can serve the same purpose.
2. Support system – Rather than having a web chat plugin, or support number, businesses can take support requests via WhatsApp.
Pricing: Price per active user per month
0 – 500 – Free
500 – 5000 – some price – e.g. $10
5000 – 50000 – some price – e.g. $75
and so on.
A big e-commerce company like Flipkart would be spending a lot on just sending SMSs to their customers, which is just a one side messaging.
With this, they would be able to save, 1/3rd their monthly SMS cost, easily.
The potential can easily be more than $3 billion/annum and grow over the years.
What do you think about this? What are the pros and cons of this model?
I am looking for a solution to this problem. I have around 3 terabytes of Social Media Data, scraped from top social networks.
I want to classify it and then make use of the facts in the posts for customer prediction.
So as an example, I have around a million mentions from fb and twitter about flipkart’s big billion dollar sale. I want to classify this data and predict how many of these customers will actually make a buying decision in the next big billion sale based on the posts they made in the past.
Please suggest the tools and algorithms I would need to study for doing this. This is good data science problem
1)Can a startup be established with integrated payment gateway and logistics support from a service like zepo or any other alternative…Is it advisable to go with it ? Or is it good to go with separate gateway and logistics service provider .
2) once we clock sufficient numbers… how is the transition done away from pre opted gateway and logistics? And more importantly transition of listed products into our own self handled website from the one which was hosted by a service provider?